Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Nothing Without God
To the uncircumcised heart,
a real relationship with God
is not only strange and peculiar,
it’s unbelievably… odd.
For what role does Mankind play,
that Jehovah is mindful of us?
How could the embodiment of Love
allow us to martyr Christ Jesus?
Unlike the angels of the heavenly realm,
we’re made in the image of God Himself.
Christ was not crucified for angels, but…
to insure a way of bringing us back to Himself.
For we’ve been given physical and mental strength,
His Word, desires, sacred power and authority.
So embrace the liberating message of the Gospel
and determine your level of desired intimacy…
with God, our Creator and Divine Maker.
Seeds, containing abilities of earthly success
were spiritually deposited in us, and are ignited
when we humbly acknowledge Him and confess…
the Truth of Christ’s holy, sacrifice
and our dependence on Providential Love.
Know that as His Children of the Kingdom,
you’re blessed with promises from above.
Loosely based on:
Psa 8: 4-6,37: 4,91: 1; Gen 1: 26-27; Luke 10: 19
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, Â© 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Nothing Without God by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- Evil Intent, Abdul Malik Mandani
- This ugly image, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sweet Ilussions, Sandra Feldman
- Weighting Each Thought, Heather Burns
- Their moral decline anytime انحدارهم ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A surrealistic image صورة سوريالية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In 80s, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Walk in the Woods, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Natural Alliance, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Stop your Sobbing (haiku), Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Solution, Bertolt Brecht
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lament for Ignacio Sánchez Mejías, Federico García Lorca
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns