Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Nothing Without God
To the uncircumcised heart,
a real relationship with God
is not only strange and peculiar,
it’s unbelievably… odd.
For what role does Mankind play,
that Jehovah is mindful of us?
How could the embodiment of Love
allow us to martyr Christ Jesus?
Unlike the angels of the heavenly realm,
we’re made in the image of God Himself.
Christ was not crucified for angels, but…
to insure a way of bringing us back to Himself.
For we’ve been given physical and mental strength,
His Word, desires, sacred power and authority.
So embrace the liberating message of the Gospel
and determine your level of desired intimacy…
with God, our Creator and Divine Maker.
Seeds, containing abilities of earthly success
were spiritually deposited in us, and are ignited
when we humbly acknowledge Him and confess…
the Truth of Christ’s holy, sacrifice
and our dependence on Providential Love.
Know that as His Children of the Kingdom,
you’re blessed with promises from above.
Loosely based on:
Psa 8: 4-6,37: 4,91: 1; Gen 1: 26-27; Luke 10: 19
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, Â© 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Nothing Without God by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- Mind's Refuse, michael walkerjohn
- 6 is truly 9, michael walkerjohn
- Flowers!, rajendran muthiah
- Never feel alone, hasmukh amathalal
- Last Words Played, michael walkerjohn
- Death is certain, hasmukh amathalal
- The Little Men, michael walkerjohn
- Furthest Right, michael walkerjohn
- Political Correctness, michael walkerjohn
- Shiva Stotram, umaprosad das
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley