Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Nothing Without God
To the uncircumcised heart,
a real relationship with God
is not only strange and peculiar,
it’s unbelievably… odd.
For what role does Mankind play,
that Jehovah is mindful of us?
How could the embodiment of Love
allow us to martyr Christ Jesus?
Unlike the angels of the heavenly realm,
we’re made in the image of God Himself.
Christ was not crucified for angels, but…
to insure a way of bringing us back to Himself.
For we’ve been given physical and mental strength,
His Word, desires, sacred power and authority.
So embrace the liberating message of the Gospel
and determine your level of desired intimacy…
with God, our Creator and Divine Maker.
Seeds, containing abilities of earthly success
were spiritually deposited in us, and are ignited
when we humbly acknowledge Him and confess…
the Truth of Christ’s holy, sacrifice
and our dependence on Providential Love.
Know that as His Children of the Kingdom,
you’re blessed with promises from above.
Loosely based on:
Psa 8: 4-6,37: 4,91: 1; Gen 1: 26-27; Luke 10: 19
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, Â© 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Nothing Without God by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...
- Lee F. Majors, Richard Thripp
- All Dogs Go 2 Heaven, Richard Flappa