Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Nothing Without God
To the uncircumcised heart,
a real relationship with God
is not only strange and peculiar,
it’s unbelievably… odd.
For what role does Mankind play,
that Jehovah is mindful of us?
How could the embodiment of Love
allow us to martyr Christ Jesus?
Unlike the angels of the heavenly realm,
we’re made in the image of God Himself.
Christ was not crucified for angels, but…
to insure a way of bringing us back to Himself.
For we’ve been given physical and mental strength,
His Word, desires, sacred power and authority.
So embrace the liberating message of the Gospel
and determine your level of desired intimacy…
with God, our Creator and Divine Maker.
Seeds, containing abilities of earthly success
were spiritually deposited in us, and are ignited
when we humbly acknowledge Him and confess…
the Truth of Christ’s holy, sacrifice
and our dependence on Providential Love.
Know that as His Children of the Kingdom,
you’re blessed with promises from above.
Loosely based on:
Psa 8: 4-6,37: 4,91: 1; Gen 1: 26-27; Luke 10: 19
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, Â© 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Nothing Without God by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
- Pretend, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world هذا العالم المجهول, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- IF, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Grace, Scott J. Shepard
- My chidhood poem collection -2, soulful heart
- Pleasant Weather, Royal Flower
- Friend-Zoned, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)