Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Necessity of Virtues
People may question the necessity of virtues,
yet they embody virility, life and beauty.
These traits aid the development of character,
while complementing the scope of Christian duty.
There’s still a time and place for everything,
and a need of their value can still be seen.
A combination of personal conduct and inner strength
bolsters us against the tedium of Life’s routines.
Qualities of Prudence, Justice, Fortitude and Temperance
combined with Faith, Hope and Charity, will assist us
in our spiritual growth and maturity for sharing…
the Brotherly Love of our beloved Christ Jesus.
Under the consistent leading of the Holy Spirit,
we may practice Courtesy, Patience and Forgiveness,
while confirming the divine principles of The Word
that should be stored within… our heart’s stillness.
Loosely based on:
Eccl 3; Psa 19: 7-14; 27: 1-14,46: 10; Phil 4: 13;
2 Tim 3: 16-17; 1 Cor 13: 13; Rom 12: 2
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Necessity of Virtues by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson
- Poem: Let Me Touch His Garment, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Genre-Free Nights Nine 74, Anne Tardos
- The Masculine Point of View Nine 73, Anne Tardos
- The Outsider, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- You Buy Me Eggs Nine 72, Anne Tardos
- Window, Cigeng Zhang
- The World, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Cleansing the Sword!, Stanley Collymore
- Emotions, Ruth Manning-Sanders