Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Necessity of Virtues
People may question the necessity of virtues,
yet they embody virility, life and beauty.
These traits aid the development of character,
while complementing the scope of Christian duty.
There’s still a time and place for everything,
and a need of their value can still be seen.
A combination of personal conduct and inner strength
bolsters us against the tedium of Life’s routines.
Qualities of Prudence, Justice, Fortitude and Temperance
combined with Faith, Hope and Charity, will assist us
in our spiritual growth and maturity for sharing…
the Brotherly Love of our beloved Christ Jesus.
Under the consistent leading of the Holy Spirit,
we may practice Courtesy, Patience and Forgiveness,
while confirming the divine principles of The Word
that should be stored within… our heart’s stillness.
Loosely based on:
Eccl 3; Psa 19: 7-14; 27: 1-14,46: 10; Phil 4: 13;
2 Tim 3: 16-17; 1 Cor 13: 13; Rom 12: 2
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Necessity of Virtues by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Webs Of Fantasy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reflecting Mistakes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- East Wind, Madathil Nair
- Priceless Worth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Something They Couldn't Steal Away, Spiritwind Wood
- Sweet Sighs, Leria Hawkins
- Goodnight Sweet Kira 3, Michael P. McParland
- The Origin of Words, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Prerna, Inspiration/ A Cup of Coffee .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Villain I, Bijay Kant Dubey