Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Measure of Faith
O Lord, I thank you once more,
for Your measure of faith in me.
I’ve made a decision of how to act,
regardless of what I feel or see.
I chose to release my faith three ways:
by praying, saying and doing what I should.
I trust You Lord to honor Your Word, while…
avoiding the silliness of knocking on wood.
Willingly, I step forward boldly with faith
through the wide doors of opportunities;
having consumed The Word in great quantities,
I speak firmly against Life’s uncertainties.
I have confidence in God’s perfect Love
and its ability to cast away unwarranted fear.
For Godly knowledge expands more quickly than…
the experiential accumulation of earthly years.
Using courage to press through mindsets of doubt,
I unashamedly confess my Lord’s Word aloud;
for it allows me to remain on a straight path
and kept separated… from the faithless crowd.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Loosely based on:
Heb 13: 5; 1 Tim 6: 6; Phil 4: 11; Rom 8: 31-39
Comments about this poem (Poem: Measure of Faith by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- Phone Line Died, Michael McParland
- Athena's ire, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- A Challenge, Afshan Fatima
- Renaissance, LALITHA JOSEPH
- Picture Puzzle, Heather Burns
- Is a woman free really?, gajanan mishra
- Midnight Blue, Heather Burns
- Rodeo Rogues, Saiom Shriver
- Seek And Ye Shall Find, Saiom Shriver
- Starlove, Saiom Shriver
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)