Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Human Veil
Oh the irony of this mortal situation,
being encased in this temporary flesh.
For I’m momentarily bound to this earth,
although I anticipate my heavenly journey.
At the moment of Christ’s crucifixion,
the temple curtain was torn in two by God,
ripping it from the top to its bottom,
which signified His personal invitation…
for unhindered, one-on-one interaction.
And yet I yearn to feel His presence,
knowing that my sin keeps us separated.
Struggling seems futile, since He…
promised to never forsake His Children
because of a inherently flawed condition.
Give me daily strength to take up my cross,
as I continue tear away my heart’s covering
of this unwanted and disconnecting… human veil.
Loosely based on:
2 Cor 3: 7-16,4: 1-6; Mark 15: 37-38;
Matt 10: 38-39,27: 50-51; Joel 2: 12-13
Inside the Jewish synagogue, the curtain had separated the “inner court” from the “holy of holies”, a place where the only the high priest could enter.
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Human Veil by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- You are imperishable, gajanan mishra
- E a Lua e as Estrelas e o Mundo, Gabriela Laufer
- Flower, Cee Bea
- Lavender, Cee Bea
- THE SHRIEK, Satish Verma
- The Terror, David Lewis Paget
- Union - within us, gajanan mishra
- Haiku(GOD), Aftab Alam
- chaos of Christmas near, lee fones
- The earth is moving, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)