Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Called to Worship (V)
It's a fresh morning of new mercies;
raise your hands in a moment of praise!
Do you recall that you're in covenant
and covered with the blessings of today?
Spend some quiet and quality time with God;
speak genuinely and offer earnest prayers.
Lift up your concerns and needs of others;
demonstrate faith… by words you declare!
Celebrate the faithful witness of Christ;
open your spirit; pour out your soul to Him.
Find strength as you rejoice in victory;
sing unto Him now with songs and hymns.
Embrace your anointing for life's ministries.
God grants our petitions with earthly peace.
Renew your mind with the cleansing of His Word
and implement His promise of divine release.
Faith is about proper relationship with God
and not the memorization of spiritual quips;
build real communities with actions of love;
remember that we're still… called to worship!
Loosely based on:
Lam 3: 22-26; 1 Pet 5b-11; 2 Pet 1: 3-11
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Called to Worship (V) by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- Word Shadows, michael walkerjohn
- Blockbuster, Lev Brekhman
- Uncertain feeling, Lev Brekhman
- Intricacies of perception, Lev Brekhman
- Brainwash, Lev Brekhman
- Broken record, Lev Brekhman
- She is Pregnant., Tajudeen Shah
- A few maxims, Lev Brekhman
- The corner that cuts you, Lev Brekhman
- Images, Lev Brekhman
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)