Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Called to Worship (V)
It's a fresh morning of new mercies;
raise your hands in a moment of praise!
Do you recall that you're in covenant
and covered with the blessings of today?
Spend some quiet and quality time with God;
speak genuinely and offer earnest prayers.
Lift up your concerns and needs of others;
demonstrate faith… by words you declare!
Celebrate the faithful witness of Christ;
open your spirit; pour out your soul to Him.
Find strength as you rejoice in victory;
sing unto Him now with songs and hymns.
Embrace your anointing for life's ministries.
God grants our petitions with earthly peace.
Renew your mind with the cleansing of His Word
and implement His promise of divine release.
Faith is about proper relationship with God
and not the memorization of spiritual quips;
build real communities with actions of love;
remember that we're still… called to worship!
Loosely based on:
Lam 3: 22-26; 1 Pet 5b-11; 2 Pet 1: 3-11
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Called to Worship (V) by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Poem of the Day
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Symbol Forests, Ananta Madhavan