Please, Write Something!
Write something that touches your heart,
Then share it and touch another heart,
That heart can share it with another heart
And that's just a part of the start...
How wonderful if it's a precious love poem,
Meant to inspire millions every single day,
Something nice and simple to memorise,
Or so profound it becomes unforgettable...
And if it should challenge some lonesome soul,
To stand up and stand tall and face life anew,
Then that's how poetry should serve humanity,
Not always with a winsome twinkle in the eye,
Not always with a playful and cheeky grin,
But always meant to touch the human heart,
To nurture all the wonders that ever were,
To grant them a refreshment once again,
Something delicate or fine, brilliant or bold,
Something that's thought special, good as gold...
Yes, something that's thought special... good as gold...
Denis Martindale, copyright, November 2013.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Please, Write Something! by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan
- Do not leave us, Sadiqullah Khan
- Regal Grace, Sadiqullah Khan
- Another Lesson Learned, Danielle Mari Nidea
- A Birthday Wish, Adonis Enricuso
- What Why When.......Its Gone Wrong?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Envy, Nassy Fesharaki