Please, Write Something!
Write something that touches your heart,
Then share it and touch another heart,
That heart can share it with another heart
And that's just a part of the start...
How wonderful if it's a precious love poem,
Meant to inspire millions every single day,
Something nice and simple to memorise,
Or so profound it becomes unforgettable...
And if it should challenge some lonesome soul,
To stand up and stand tall and face life anew,
Then that's how poetry should serve humanity,
Not always with a winsome twinkle in the eye,
Not always with a playful and cheeky grin,
But always meant to touch the human heart,
To nurture all the wonders that ever were,
To grant them a refreshment once again,
Something delicate or fine, brilliant or bold,
Something that's thought special, good as gold...
Yes, something that's thought special... good as gold...
Denis Martindale, copyright, November 2013.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Please, Write Something! by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- We're stuck in that place, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Axiom of the outside, Virgil Suárez
- Poem in Memory of Russell D. Franklyn of.., Virgil Suárez
- I know, I know, I know, Pijush Biswas
- A Painter's Glee, Virgil Suárez
- Windows, Phil Soar
- La serpiente que divide el mundo, Train .., Virgil Suárez
- The Myth of the Fabulous Sinkhole Island, Virgil Suárez
- In The House of White Light, Virgil Suárez
- AND IT WAS WRITTEN, Stephen Karnaghan