Please Help Me Hate You
I am sitting here in silence
Wishing for your presence
Can you love me again?
Or will it just be another den?
You just seem to be so fine
Do you ever feel my pain?
Everything you do shines in line
My loss seems to be your gain
My head screams out your name
And my mind cries out the same
My eyes won’t see a thing
And my heart made you the king
How can I reclaim my control?
You took everything away
Not sparing even my soul
I became your loving prey
But then how can I blame?
When everything was a game
Your plan was precise and clear
And I was the tamed ear
Believing your every word
Striking deeply inside my heart
I love you was your codeword
Never thought of being hurt
Can you please make me hate you?
Will you please help me hate you?
I just want to hate you for awhile
Because I will never stand at the aisle
At least not with you by my side
And loving you feels like a crime
Will I ever get over you?
Will you help me get over you?
They say I deserve more
But it is only you I still adore
Am I wrong to still love you?
Or you just don’t have any clue?
Nasteha Liban's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Please Help Me Hate You by Nasteha Liban )
- Reciprocity, Valsa George
- The Spring After Him, Asma Riaz Khan
- Into Place, Margaret Moran
- A walk in the Twilight, Latha Krishnan
- अलविदा बादे - सबा (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- A Horse with no name, Phil Soar
- Changing Lives, Laurence Ruedas
- Poem: Saintly Seeds, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Dice, Fox Nekitsune
- Call, Nathaniel Bassey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)