Please Help Me Hate You
I am sitting here in silence
Wishing for your presence
Can you love me again?
Or will it just be another den?
You just seem to be so fine
Do you ever feel my pain?
Everything you do shines in line
My loss seems to be your gain
My head screams out your name
And my mind cries out the same
My eyes won’t see a thing
And my heart made you the king
How can I reclaim my control?
You took everything away
Not sparing even my soul
I became your loving prey
But then how can I blame?
When everything was a game
Your plan was precise and clear
And I was the tamed ear
Believing your every word
Striking deeply inside my heart
I love you was your codeword
Never thought of being hurt
Can you please make me hate you?
Will you please help me hate you?
I just want to hate you for awhile
Because I will never stand at the aisle
At least not with you by my side
And loving you feels like a crime
Will I ever get over you?
Will you help me get over you?
They say I deserve more
But it is only you I still adore
Am I wrong to still love you?
Or you just don’t have any clue?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Please Help Me Hate You by Nasteha Liban )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Whispers in the Dark, Adeosun Olamide
- Slipping, Sliding, Ann Clark
- Epitaph, Bozhidar Pangelov
- unveil, baharak barzin
- Sciences Take xx xxx xx Original .., Lee Mack
- Queen Patreniallla - Part 2 Continued, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- Transitory, Babbling Brookes
- Having Fun, Noah Body
- winter, Clara Keiper
- After Rudyard Kipling, Josh Mitteldorf