Please God Not Another War
Dark clouds hastily gather,
drums of war beat louder,
Death, that Grim Reaper,
is waiting, ready and eager.
Events are moving fast,
lies presented as fact,
troops ensconced in Kuwait,
waiting for the order to act.
I watch events unfold with alarm.
Could this be a passing dream,
or an error to correct and redeem?
Alas! Things aren’t what they seem.
The warmongers have had their way,
whether for good or bad, who can say?
Time alone will tell if the price we pay
in the blood of many is the right way.
*The last four verses were added in July 2003
after the invasion of Iraq in March 2003.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Please God Not Another War by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- the fingers and the eyes, RIC S. BASTASA
- Pure innocence, hasmukh amathalal
- Julia #1, Of Muses And Other Ghosts
- The Last Vow, Tony Adah
- THE PRETTY EID (THE PRETTY DAY) يوم العيد, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The roadmap of reason..., Marshall Gass
- Caricature, Marshall Gass
- 33, Marshall Gass
- The Jigsaw......, Marshall Gass
- Capitals!, Marshall Gass