Pittance of Respite
Off Broad and Chalmers
human beings cooped
in dank and dark cells
on the block
had a pittance of respite
bright Charleston daylight
touch of sea breeze
sound of birds chirping in a tree
and the sing-song voice of an auctioneer
extolling them to the crowd
before they were sold.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pittance of Respite by Sam Mauzy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler