Pipeline Out West... Feb 4th,2014
Could we have a referendum about a pipeline over a hill?
Who is running this show - activists or Canadian free will?
Is this issue so trivial that it cannot be discussed?
Or are we afraid that the activists might walk away in disgust?
Could we have a referendum about anything or are they banned?
Or is this subject considered politically no-man’s-land?
Can this subject be even mentioned in the Ottawa area?
Or might it cause some blatant political hysteria?
Or do the political activists make all decisions?
And after that; could we have some political revisions?
Because death-with-dignity and the pipeline can’t be discussed,
And the politically correct might look away in disgust.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Pipeline Out West... Feb 4th,2014 by James Bredin )
- Steps Of Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Whispers Of Ancient Parables, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 3, Frank Avon
- Being Enlightened, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 2, Frank Avon
- Unanswerable 1, Frank Avon
- As wrong as right, Cee Bea
- Incense On Fire, sallam yassin
- The Canine, Justin Reamer
- Remaining In The Shadows, brandy taffner
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns