Photographs And Memories
It was so long ago
on that wooden walkway to the sea
where we watched seagulls play.
One day you turned to me
and said before summer left
you would be going away.
It is no good begging me to stay
because someone else needs me,
but you’ll always be my only love.
She gripped my hand tightly
as we walked along
and no more words were spoken.
Until it was time to go
we would be together every day,
she promised me that
as we walked along the beach
watching the waves rush to the shore
until each day folded to a close.
Seasons have come and gone
since that summer long ago
when you said goodbye to me.
Leaving only photographs and memories
of what was my forever love.
Now as I walk by the sea
and down that wooden walkway,
I still feel your hand in mine
and hear your voice on the breeze.
Although I walk alone now
I know you’re never far from me.
I still remember that end
as your hand drifted from mine
and I knew it was your time to leave me
forever an empty shell on the shore
with only photographs and memories
that will stay with me forever.
23 February 2014
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Photographs And Memories by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Let all people, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)