Namrata Das Adhikary
Éphémère et éternelle
Of lust lost it's pride the day I touched her,
Mind seeking solace with the thoughts of what we're;
Memories contain the realm of Paradise
With you in my heart and a guilt like deice.
If there lives the immortal:
The Knights would bleed for you,
The Kings would seek for you,
With the power of the Almighty in my hand-
I would have you against every errand.
She loves me, truth which be might-
Hopeful were the eyes, they lit bright.
With a shiver under my skin, her rosy lips benign,
They brushed through my own, my thoughts didn't whine.
But under my mask there lay the brow:
Pretty discontent with what it were,
Since 'twas lust and my heart demur;
Awaiting your touch, with love raised higher-
Till we make love and rebuild our empire...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
In the content, 'you' refers to his lost beloved, and 'her' refers to the his present partner. The lover places his doubt, that his present partner might be in love with him. But irrespective of that, he can't seem to do away with his feelings for the one he has always loved.
In the second line of the poem, the lover says 'we're' and not 'we were' since he still considers his beloved to be his only one.
Comments about this poem (Éphémère et éternelle by Namrata Das Adhikary )
- An Invitation, Doyen Lingua
- Bougainvillea, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- October Skies, Lilly Emery
- What if, Chris Zachariou
- Within My Mind Holds Dreams, Lilly Emery
- citizen, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Treat, Please, Bruce Larkin
- I Love Halloween!, Bruce Larkin
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)