Namrata Das Adhikary
Éphémère et éternelle
Of lust lost it's pride the day I touched her,
Mind seeking solace with the thoughts of what we're;
Memories contain the realm of Paradise
With you in my heart and a guilt like deice.
If there lives the immortal:
The Knights would bleed for you,
The Kings would seek for you,
With the power of the Almighty in my hand-
I would have you against every errand.
She loves me, truth which be might-
Hopeful were the eyes, they lit bright.
With a shiver under my skin, her rosy lips benign,
They brushed through my own, my thoughts didn't whine.
But under my mask there lay the brow:
Pretty discontent with what it were,
Since 'twas lust and my heart demur;
Awaiting your touch, with love raised higher-
Till we make love and rebuild our empire...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
In the content, 'you' refers to his lost beloved, and 'her' refers to the his present partner. The lover places his doubt, that his present partner might be in love with him. But irrespective of that, he can't seem to do away with his feelings for the one he has always loved.
In the second line of the poem, the lover says 'we're' and not 'we were' since he still considers his beloved to be his only one.
Comments about this poem (Éphémère et éternelle by Namrata Das Adhikary )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Wrapped Around Your Finger, Amber Carr
- With full freedom, hasmukh amathalal
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- The Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- Absence, Neela Nath
- Not Knowing What Might Have Been, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The rising, gajanan mishra
- Flowing Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Cooling Water, Vera Sidhwa