Does one make repulsive
meaning of life,
if one has none?
to sacrifice your addiction
for the absurd,
Oh! Melancholy pus!
Unfortunate for us,
we may be all guilty
of the same thing...
and the smashed up sorts
that I meet,
crucified by the sacred
money, sex, drugs,
all pervading popularity,
besides a smile isn't for keeps!
and I take out mine,
then look again, and again,
a true real fake one - that,
that smile out of disperate machinery,
I have a credit card and it is partly blue or greener
than the dead grass of my soul,
I used to have blue blue skies in my eyes,
until something took that away...
but you know, I tell myself, still,
a hundred times a day,
that change is all that can truly happen,
and that maybe the individual has to die,
the pretend veneer should never fear,
what's the use?
like grasping something dormant in your brain,
to prevail in the cool green dank tissue,
an explosion or something else,
a new leaf on the plant of my fears,
Petallic - whatever...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Petallic by GRANT FRASER )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland
- Impact of snow climate., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My limbs, gajanan mishra
- PARUI POLICE BRUTALITY, Bireswar Halder
- Sacred Kailas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- The Imponderable, Sandra Feldman
- Arousal Of Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak