Are what old folks' homes will become
when the baby boomers are dead.
Already people so love their dogs,
they convert their homes to kennels
and live in them with their dogs;
and when they go away
trust home and dogs to sitters.
But overexposure in future,
will have brought allergy to sitters,
the pet hotel will come into its own
and the old folks' home, happily,
won't need to be taken down.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Pet Hotels by douglas scotney )
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns
- Love Never Truly Ends, Lilly Emery
- Oh Mediterranean Sea, Lilly Emery
- Calculating The Odds, Kyle Schlicher
- Wind Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- Vietnam Sunset, Kyle Schlicher
- Standing On The Edge, Lilly Emery
- Underneath The Rock, Kyle Schlicher