Ever since I can long remember,
Trying to make everything right,
Now my life, reached September,
Long struggle, turns into a fight.
Facing the truth of good enough,
Can’t compete with anything more,
Giving in and calling my bluff,
No anticipation of what’s in store.
Perhaps it’s all inside of us,
Born with the gift from beginning,
Relearning how to coalesce,
As natural voice, takes to singing.
I’ve never met that perfect one,
Why should I think I could be?
In the end, will life feel undone?
Or will death simply set me free?
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Perfection by G.R. Gaus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- BY Design, Terrance Tracy
- The Man of War and Flowers, Daniel Skentelbery
- Honest Love, Ronald Chapman
- Homage to Sarah Geronimo 'The Pop Star P.., Ronald Chapman
- False Prophets, Dexsta Ray
- scenic scene, lee fones
- Hold On, Ronald Chapman
- Very simple life, hasmukh amathalal
- SeeAn (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman