People come people go, every one,
Trespassing flowers with breezes that blow,
Some belong to lives not long then they're gone,
To live among change in memory's flow.
As Autumn's end sorrow sends Winter's test,
One by one people come bearing their gifts,
The lone trees mourn lost leaves torn from each nest,
Songs are sung life is strung between such drifts.
'Til Spring arrives so must thrive dormant seeds,
'Til fresh life, strong through strife, sends cautious peep,
While people come people go, fulfill needs,
Seeds we sow slowly grow whilst Summer's creep,
Still, one by one still we come, then we go,
Trespassing flowers as breezes that blow.
Anthony Di'anno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (People Come by Anthony Di'anno )
Did you read them?
- Our Leader, Narendra Kuppan
- Nothing Left, John Masaitis
- Coffee And Tea, Edward Kofi Louis
- Toys?, John Masaitis
- To Stand Up For The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Power Of Love!, Edward Kofi Louis
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe