Thomas Dekker (1572-1632 / England)
Patience! why, 'tis the soul of peace:
OF all the virtues, 'tis nearest kin to heaven:
It makes men look like gods. The best of men
That e'er wore earth about Him was a sufferer;
A soft, meek, patient, humble, tranquil spirit;
The first true gentleman that ever breathed.
Poet Other Poems
- Art Thou Poor
- Beauty Arise
- Cast away care
- Country Glee
- Cradle Song
- Fancies Are But Streams
- Fortune Smiles
- from: Shoemaker's Holiday, Or The Gentle...
- Golden Slumbers Kiss Your Eyes
- Haymakers, Rakers, Reapers, And Mowers
- Here Lies The Blithe Spring
- Prologue: The Pleasant Comedy Of Old For...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.