RHEY W. HEDGES
LOVE … is a passing matter;
others passed this way before,
passing passion and delight,
passing moments of despair,
passing ‘round the curve of time
life’s passing matters matter not.
THOUGHT… is a passing matter;
passing passersby unseen,
I pass in crowded Solitude,
knowing as I pass alone,
ALL pass alone, together,
alone arriving at the thought,
Life’s passing matters not.
LIFE … is a passing matter;
all are merely passersby,
passing to a bend in time,
where passing matters,
that passing mattered so,
will matter (not) again
to passing passersby.
… passing Life in Thought, I see,
LOVE’s passing mattered most …
… to me …
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Rhey W. Hedges, Feb 8,1981
RHEY W. HEDGES's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Passing Matters by RHEY W. HEDGES )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...
- Lee F. Majors, Richard Thripp
- All Dogs Go 2 Heaven, Richard Flappa