Today, drops in,
Like a passenger just off the train,
Not exactly sure what to do in this town,
Eager to set foot on foreign ground
And seek out the atmosphere and energy.
The barometric pressure falls
Like a penny pitched
from the Empire State Building
and clouds dissipate
easing in, what I hope will be
an afternoon of bright
Quicken the gait,
that leads to the gate
To streets, where thoughts can stroll
The conductor calls out, 'All Aboard'
As the shuffle to the platform begins
I look for a signpost ahead
As my ticket, to 'Today',
Is paid for, in full...
Susan Lacovara's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Passerby by Susan Lacovara )
Did you read them?
- Stalwart, Naveed Khalid
- On A Little Mermaid, Naveed Khalid
- I Quit, Fame, May Wang
- Companion, Naveed Khalid
- Melancholy, Naveed Khalid
- More Than I Ask, Susan Lacovara
- We poets cultivate insanity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Plato's Dialogue, Naveed Khalid
- Silence and Chaos, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- A Bridal Song, Naveed Khalid