Joseph T. Renaldi
Parents-if you want to make a difference
in children before they leave the nest,
Always set a positive and moral example,
Do what you ought - do your very best.
Be firm in belief and determination,
Be patient and forgiving as part of the test,
Be loving, thoughtful, and understanding,
Be your very best and leave the rest.
Be helpful when you are needed.
Let them know that you will always care.
Be steadfast despite opposition or adversity
when anguish is difficult to bear.
Guide well in your efforts and dread no shame.
In the long run, your children will appreciate you.
When you bestow your blessings upon them,
You will inherit a sense of great pride too.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Parental Guidance by Joseph T. Renaldi )
- Grandma's Hands, Angela K Brown
- For the Colored Girl, Angela K Brown
- Dark Skin, Angela K Brown
- Na Na, Angela K Brown
- Among The Nations, Richard Provencher
- Rest, Thomas Plotz
- No one can beat, hasmukh amathalal
- Football Rally, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Vegas Bikes, Angela K Brown
- Hip Hop Bird, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns