Joseph T. Renaldi
Parents-if you want to make a difference
in children before they leave the nest,
Always set a positive and moral example,
Do what you ought - do your very best.
Be firm in belief and determination,
Be patient and forgiving as part of the test,
Be loving, thoughtful, and understanding,
Be your very best and leave the rest.
Be helpful when you are needed.
Let them know that you will always care.
Be steadfast despite opposition or adversity
when anguish is difficult to bear.
Guide well in your efforts and dread no shame.
In the long run, your children will appreciate you.
When you bestow your blessings upon them,
You will inherit a sense of great pride too.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Parental Guidance by Joseph T. Renaldi )
- Psalm CXXXVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Thief, Pijush Biswas
- I Am playing, gajanan mishra
- Everyday Is a TEST, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- One Of These Pure Days, Naveed Akram
- Deepavali, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Even in strife, hasmukh amathalal
- ! DESECRATED POEMS/FLOATING HYPERLINK IN.., Alice Vedral Rivera
- In the midst of ruin there is reparation, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)