Papa Bear - Lincoln Park Zoo
I'm Papa bear. It's my birthday,
26 years been on the prowl.
Humans made a beehive display.
They try hard. I try not to growl.
Covered the hive with honey goo,
And some tasty munchies inside,
A big fake bee stuck on with glue,
Spooked me a bit till amply eyed.
I posed a bit for human sake.
Humans do love their gadgetry.
A few pictures I let them take,
Then turned that hive to history.
You can come take your pictures too.
I'm posed at the Lincoln Park Zoo.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Papa Bear - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary