I lost sight of my own being
For I drowned in pain that was beyond healing..
As I noticed what I became to be
I seperated what I didn't want to be from what I wanted other to see..
I gave pain a place to exist
For it grew inside me as a darkness evermore harder to resist..
As the years swiftly went by
I noticed the cracks it made were no longer to deny..
I controllable tried to vent
For the pressure inside became my daily torment..
As I came closer to my breaking point I knew all was in vain
I knew I had to break free of this shackle and chain..
I wondered if the balance would ever be regained
For in that moment of pain I feared I would never be the same..
As I fought for the balance and finally accepted my wrong doins
I rose up and brought myself back from the ruins..
I stood tall and now give my pain room to breath
For I learned that pain will fester and rot when pushed underneath..
As I now am harmonious from within
I again can be the person I've always been..
Rick Adriolo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain.. by Rick Adriolo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- waiting for Autumn, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- In Gratitude, Sandra Feldman
- My life, Abekah Emmanuel
- Hook-Nosed Barbra, Richard Thripp
- she will be mine, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- 2014 IS THE PRETTY YEAR OF HOPE سنة 2014.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- i apologize for all the in you windows...., Mandolyn ...
- three legged race, lee fones
- THE PRETTY SHORES IN YOUR EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI