I lost sight of my own being
For I drowned in pain that was beyond healing..
As I noticed what I became to be
I seperated what I didn't want to be from what I wanted other to see..
I gave pain a place to exist
For it grew inside me as a darkness evermore harder to resist..
As the years swiftly went by
I noticed the cracks it made were no longer to deny..
I controllable tried to vent
For the pressure inside became my daily torment..
As I came closer to my breaking point I knew all was in vain
I knew I had to break free of this shackle and chain..
I wondered if the balance would ever be regained
For in that moment of pain I feared I would never be the same..
As I fought for the balance and finally accepted my wrong doins
I rose up and brought myself back from the ruins..
I stood tall and now give my pain room to breath
For I learned that pain will fester and rot when pushed underneath..
As I now am harmonious from within
I again can be the person I've always been..
Rick Adriolo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain.. by Rick Adriolo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- While Others Sleep, Richard Provencher
- Madness, Is It Poetry
- Hand of the All Goddess, Stephen Bishop
- It's good to be back home..., David Lessard
- Words & Thoughts On Pause, Richard Provencher
- Sleeping Summers Beauty, Doug Jones
- If William Carlos Williams Had Been Born.., W.B. Keckler
- When will heavens love ever decline us?, Mark Heathcote
- Winning Bee, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Is it Halloween tonight, Mark Heathcote