I lost sight of my own being
For I drowned in pain that was beyond healing..
As I noticed what I became to be
I seperated what I didn't want to be from what I wanted other to see..
I gave pain a place to exist
For it grew inside me as a darkness evermore harder to resist..
As the years swiftly went by
I noticed the cracks it made were no longer to deny..
I controllable tried to vent
For the pressure inside became my daily torment..
As I came closer to my breaking point I knew all was in vain
I knew I had to break free of this shackle and chain..
I wondered if the balance would ever be regained
For in that moment of pain I feared I would never be the same..
As I fought for the balance and finally accepted my wrong doins
I rose up and brought myself back from the ruins..
I stood tall and now give my pain room to breath
For I learned that pain will fester and rot when pushed underneath..
As I now am harmonious from within
I again can be the person I've always been..
Rick Adriolo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain.. by Rick Adriolo )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Three Wise Men, Bill Simmons
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Full recitation, hasmukh amathalal
- Dread, Leong Ming Loong
- Stars, 1000 Miles
- Drink, Smoke, Pray & Pop Pills., Tom Zart
- His Birthday, Neela Nath
- Last Night, Swrji Basumatary
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai