I lost sight of my own being
For I drowned in pain that was beyond healing..
As I noticed what I became to be
I seperated what I didn't want to be from what I wanted other to see..
I gave pain a place to exist
For it grew inside me as a darkness evermore harder to resist..
As the years swiftly went by
I noticed the cracks it made were no longer to deny..
I controllable tried to vent
For the pressure inside became my daily torment..
As I came closer to my breaking point I knew all was in vain
I knew I had to break free of this shackle and chain..
I wondered if the balance would ever be regained
For in that moment of pain I feared I would never be the same..
As I fought for the balance and finally accepted my wrong doins
I rose up and brought myself back from the ruins..
I stood tall and now give my pain room to breath
For I learned that pain will fester and rot when pushed underneath..
As I now am harmonious from within
I again can be the person I've always been..
Rick Adriolo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain.. by Rick Adriolo )
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Star chat........., SALINI NAIR
- Chicane, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Just A Few Simple Words, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)