I lost sight of my own being
For I drowned in pain that was beyond healing..
As I noticed what I became to be
I seperated what I didn't want to be from what I wanted other to see..
I gave pain a place to exist
For it grew inside me as a darkness evermore harder to resist..
As the years swiftly went by
I noticed the cracks it made were no longer to deny..
I controllable tried to vent
For the pressure inside became my daily torment..
As I came closer to my breaking point I knew all was in vain
I knew I had to break free of this shackle and chain..
I wondered if the balance would ever be regained
For in that moment of pain I feared I would never be the same..
As I fought for the balance and finally accepted my wrong doins
I rose up and brought myself back from the ruins..
I stood tall and now give my pain room to breath
For I learned that pain will fester and rot when pushed underneath..
As I now am harmonious from within
I again can be the person I've always been..
Rick Adriolo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain.. by Rick Adriolo )
- Dancer, Kyle Schlicher
- The Sunset In Your Eyes, Lilly Emery
- Titled with untitled, Jole Hans
- Moon Whispers Tune, Kyle Schlicher
- Oh' that smile, Ms.Tanease Berry
- Our Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Each Hour, Kyle Schlicher
- Facial Character, Kyle Schlicher
- ZZ Rod Serling And His Guru, Saiom Shriver
- Every Day I Am Alive, Mac McGovern
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)