Theodora (Theo) Onken
It always arrives uninvited
Into my life much rain must fall...
Un-nerving me and my well being
My body? Why pain wants it all;
It has become a constant companion
With nary a break or a pause...
Awakening every day in wonder and what if's...
Of the uncomfortable this condition does cause;
It travels a circuit - almost constant
There is no position that seems right- -
Inflamation's pain - is truly unrelenting
As i continue to fight with all my might;
It keeps me a prisoner and bed ridden...
No reprieve is ever given to me- -
A visitor that i prayed would leave- -
Alas, realizing - that is never to be;
It reminds me always of it's angry presence...
Oft' times making me cry...
As i am left here in suspended animation- -
Biding my time - just waiting to die;
By, Theodora Onken
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain~ by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- I May Be The Culprit?, Geetha Jayakumar
- Internal Inferno, Nalini Chaturvedi
- A Prayer to Start my Day, Seema Chowdhury
- We Need Your Miracle God, Seema Chowdhury
- It Is War, Naveed Akram
- Get Your Story Out, Seema Chowdhury
- When I Stood In The Emerald Rain, mary douglas
- My Thoughts Dragged Me Into The Courtroom!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Speak To Your Dream, Seema Chowdhury
- Running towards, gajanan mishra