Theodora (Theo) Onken
It always arrives uninvited
Into my life much rain must fall...
Un-nerving me and my well being
My body? Why pain wants it all;
It has become a constant companion
With nary a break or a pause...
Awakening every day in wonder and what if's...
Of the uncomfortable this condition does cause;
It travels a circuit - almost constant
There is no position that seems right- -
Inflamation's pain - is truly unrelenting
As i continue to fight with all my might;
It keeps me a prisoner and bed ridden...
No reprieve is ever given to me- -
A visitor that i prayed would leave- -
Alas, realizing - that is never to be;
It reminds me always of it's angry presence...
Oft' times making me cry...
As i am left here in suspended animation- -
Biding my time - just waiting to die;
By, Theodora Onken
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain~ by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf, Roald Dahl
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)