Theodora (Theo) Onken
It always arrives uninvited
Into my life much rain must fall...
Un-nerving me and my well being
My body? Why pain wants it all;
It has become a constant companion
With nary a break or a pause...
Awakening every day in wonder and what if's...
Of the uncomfortable this condition does cause;
It travels a circuit - almost constant
There is no position that seems right- -
Inflamation's pain - is truly unrelenting
As i continue to fight with all my might;
It keeps me a prisoner and bed ridden...
No reprieve is ever given to me- -
A visitor that i prayed would leave- -
Alas, realizing - that is never to be;
It reminds me always of it's angry presence...
Oft' times making me cry...
As i am left here in suspended animation- -
Biding my time - just waiting to die;
By, Theodora Onken
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pain~ by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- MY SITUATION IS MY REMINDER OF MY MYSELF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We will take our fires..., Marshall Gass
- Seed Pod, Marshall Gass
- Changeover, Marshall Gass
- Together Forever, Maureen Alikor
- [ Its winter here and clutching at warmt.., Marshall Gass
- Coin, Marshall Gass
- The ruling of the king without proper go.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The emptiness at the end of the sea, Tony French
- The Stripper, Phil Soar