Lawrence S. Pertillar
Paid Some Attention
If no one other,
Than the few who do...
Deposit their time to invest,
With expressed interests made...
To begin to witness their interests,
Produce to flourish...
With applied encouragement that nourishes,
Why is it so many expect to receive...
A share in the dividends to get as they perceive.
As if they should be paid some attention?
And then to make demands to have it delivered,
With the loudest arguments made to be heard,
How the best of their intentions have gone ignored.
'Who are those people protesting?
They are the ones making claims,
To be related to the others who have invested...
Not only time and interests with faith and devotion,
But also their blood sweat and tears AND emotions.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Paid Some Attention by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Got The Feeling, Arthur Moore
- When I am alone, gajanan mishra
- Off To War, Randy McClave
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Which make one's beauty?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes
- Bitter-Sweet Memories, Matthias Pantaleon
- Friend 2, Neela Nath
- Romantic Love, The Princess
- So move, hasmukh amathalal