Lawrence S. Pertillar
Paid Some Attention
If no one other,
Than the few who do...
Deposit their time to invest,
With expressed interests made...
To begin to witness their interests,
Produce to flourish...
With applied encouragement that nourishes,
Why is it so many expect to receive...
A share in the dividends to get as they perceive.
As if they should be paid some attention?
And then to make demands to have it delivered,
With the loudest arguments made to be heard,
How the best of their intentions have gone ignored.
'Who are those people protesting?
They are the ones making claims,
To be related to the others who have invested...
Not only time and interests with faith and devotion,
But also their blood sweat and tears AND emotions.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Paid Some Attention by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Night, Apurva Prabhudesai
- MOTHER EARTH SANCTUARY CAFÉ, Suzae Chevalier
- Blazing Temples, Buxton Shippy
- Why Haven't You Spoken Yet, Jake?, Maung Khett Seinn
- snow person, lee fones
- Hanging above the blue, Janet Armstrong
- Truth in Prose, Patrick van der Loos
- Mindless Muddle, alex sarich
- The Autistic Land (Sonnet), Maria Magdalena Biela
- Love is love....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL