Lawrence S. Pertillar
Paid Some Attention
If no one other,
Than the few who do...
Deposit their time to invest,
With expressed interests made...
To begin to witness their interests,
Produce to flourish...
With applied encouragement that nourishes,
Why is it so many expect to receive...
A share in the dividends to get as they perceive.
As if they should be paid some attention?
And then to make demands to have it delivered,
With the loudest arguments made to be heard,
How the best of their intentions have gone ignored.
'Who are those people protesting?
They are the ones making claims,
To be related to the others who have invested...
Not only time and interests with faith and devotion,
But also their blood sweat and tears AND emotions.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Paid Some Attention by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 October 1948 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Flowing Red River, Michael P. McParland
- Flat, Michael P. McParland
- Finally Rest, Michael P. McParland
- Finally Found Our Home, Michael P. McParland
- Fighting Together (Perseverance), Michael P. McParland
- Fields Of Flowers, Michael P. McParland
- Our Subtle Inner World*, Tushar Ray
- Feeling Your Love, Michael P. McParland
- Feeling You, Michael P. McParland
- Feel My Touch, Michael P. McParland