(more work to be done)
The true handshake of total acceptance of ethnic and minority
people(s) in America has not happened.
There have been many movements towards that acceptance
but then slides back or angers during that movement whether
it be major or minor,
No one has come to the middle and unconditionally said
“Let this intolerance in all forms be over, ”
Some have tried saying it. But, it was heard in some very important
arenas but not all.
That is because some of this hatred is in the souls of those who hate and
in the memories of those who sustain hatred and in the everyday, immediate
lives of those who have been and are being hated.
Romella Kitchens's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Pace by Romella Kitchens )
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart
- ages, Howard MacDougall
- Wellness doubt, Antonio Liao