Ozymandias * … 1403-2k13
The lure is so often great
but crumples the laden heart
with so much added weight
Alas! regret is often futile
when facts wag their tongues
wasted love caught puerile
low-life lying rat was cheating
caught in a shady jagged glance
that left lilly broken, seething
emails, that weren't supposed read
hung on words in heart wedged
stabs to a bleeding heart led
Vaguely! Lilly was aware she bled
Things he never shared with her...
a knell, sonorous rang in her head
Lilly battled for a labored breath
Glassy eyed she staggered, thought
Wasn't it like just another death
T'was a painful punch in her gut
cold in time she wandered thought
Treated so, She felt, like a mere slut
What she had just learnt
absurdly swift and so obvious.
A smoldering hole in her heart burnt
Like nine years of her marriage
had been a ludicrous joke.
the nauseous years of carriage
Raced In Lilly's mind, pictures
a ghastly movie reel in motion
about those glances, strictures
shrewd looks, puzzling remarks
between supporting characters
mystery's solved of lonely walks
everything suddenly makes sense
as the happenings slowly untangle.
Lily thinks was she really so dense
in a desert, clay king crumbles
rats frisk around Ozymandias
mute, a stone statue tumbles
at speed of light stone erodes
lives fall apart to blown dust
Lily sighs, what hush forebodes?
Lily's self respect is stripped
'That's it, isn't it? " she thinks
"My wings at once are clipped"
Lily Wonders, what am I to do?
"hurry mummy I am done"
calls little Ling from her loo!
• http: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozymandias
• http: //www.poemhunter.com/poem/ozymandias/
• http: //www.poemhunter.com/poem/ozymandias-2/
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Ozymandias * … 1403-2k13 by saadat tahir )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- The Love Of Birds, Lora Colon
- Let Her Know How You Feel About Her, Ronell Warren Alman
- Dreams, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Expression Eruption: An artillery call, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Biochemistry II, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- farm this, Mandolyn ...
- A Chat By Brothers, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Smith of Words, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Past IT' is, george albot
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI