I yawned. It smelt of bleach. A shot of Clorox. Pre-caution to sanitize the words,
That were sure to stain the decency of consistent language.
Though my stomach burned with agony. I held a tongue on repeat memories.
'The flesh is weak.' I thought.
Not before asking:
“That of freedom? What do you think of such a lustful need? ”
A tongue roll. Coupled with fingers crossed. Onto a punch that collided with the plastic door.
What shook the nails from the coffin? Why not the bleach. But the answer.
“Don't waste time on thinking of freedom.
Or you risk being a slave to thoughts.”
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Own Me by A.j. Binash )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA
- Diaris Godoooo!, Rex mayor Ubini
- THE OLD MAN HAS FOUND TRUE LOVE AGAIN, RIC S. BASTASA
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -69, Ronjoy Brahma
- Her Beautiful Lies, Swagat Bhattacharjee
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -68, Ronjoy Brahma