RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Cars riding by the house, as I sit outside and write.
Writing down with pen and paper, ideas and thoughts together,
to make my meaning of life become more real to me.
Reading what I write after being done, I contemplate what I think I want.
It never seems to be the same thing twice, so I continue to sit and write.
One day when it all adds up and seems to make some sense, I'll know that I am finally done and write myself an exit poem, letting it sit upon a shelf to gather dust.
As other poets come along and do the same thing I have done - only writing in their own words - which will be different than my own.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Outside Poetry by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- She Is Doing Her Happy Dance, Ronell Warren Alman
- IT's not unusual, george albot
- a break, kkc bba
- You Are Ever Sweet, Pintu Mahakul
- It is better, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- At Kilimanjaro, Tony Adah
- Caught in Rainy Weather, Nia Schexnider
- And we danced, Fluorescent Reality
- Sunset of our hearts, Fluorescent Reality
- She is precious, MOHAMMAD SKATI