Out there in the fragile shadows
Beyond the self,
Lurks unimaginable power.
Energies that conspire
In the darkness
To offer you a tantalising glimpse
Of another world:
Possibilities beyond dreams,
The scalding risks of magic beyond mortality
That cannot help but slip through your fingers
As soon as you reach for it's blessing.
Like the stale perfume of a tired romance
The searing light of morning
Asks unwelcome questions,
Fragile hopes soon blistered by daylight.
Scott Hastie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Out there by Scott Hastie )
- Gift of love, ramesh rai
- Tides And Emotions., Marcondes Pereira
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal
- Fast Women Speedily Breathing, Luva Boy
- With contentment, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Mini-Apolis, Von Kimball Barney