Where we live?
We are living in a mysterious world
a world we do not know much about
How did this world exist?
When it was born?
How we came into being?
When we came into being?
What the future lay for us?
Does this world love us?
in what way?
How a world of pure matter
can show any love to us?
A world of no biological form
A world of oceans, heaven and land
no heart, no brain, no comprehension
Does this world sometimes hurt us?
Lightings and hurricanes
floodings and quakes
Famine and hunger
A world of beauty that lure us
Sunshine and gardens
and other times
an angry world
of dark skies, thunders and pouring rain
Oh this world we live in
Do we have to know you?
to understand you and enjoy our lives
or to shed a tear or two and keep going?
sherif monem's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our World by sherif monem )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Mitchell Gonzalez
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Police Car, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- You & I, Fabrizio Frosini
- My Little Bird, Alfred Oyori
- Regret, Damian Murphy
- Helpless reasonings, Howard MacDougall
- The first Flight, michael hagwood
- Fake, RJP Patterson
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak