Where we live?
We are living in a mysterious world
a world we do not know much about
How did this world exist?
When it was born?
How we came into being?
When we came into being?
What the future lay for us?
Does this world love us?
in what way?
How a world of pure matter
can show any love to us?
A world of no biological form
A world of oceans, heaven and land
no heart, no brain, no comprehension
Does this world sometimes hurt us?
Lightings and hurricanes
floodings and quakes
Famine and hunger
A world of beauty that lure us
Sunshine and gardens
and other times
an angry world
of dark skies, thunders and pouring rain
Oh this world we live in
Do we have to know you?
to understand you and enjoy our lives
or to shed a tear or two and keep going?
sherif monem's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our World by sherif monem )
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
- Wisdom's great aim, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Quite same, hasmukh amathalal
- Lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)