Where we live?
We are living in a mysterious world
a world we do not know much about
How did this world exist?
When it was born?
How we came into being?
When we came into being?
What the future lay for us?
Does this world love us?
in what way?
How a world of pure matter
can show any love to us?
A world of no biological form
A world of oceans, heaven and land
no heart, no brain, no comprehension
Does this world sometimes hurt us?
Lightings and hurricanes
floodings and quakes
Famine and hunger
A world of beauty that lure us
Sunshine and gardens
and other times
an angry world
of dark skies, thunders and pouring rain
Oh this world we live in
Do we have to know you?
to understand you and enjoy our lives
or to shed a tear or two and keep going?
sherif monem's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our World by sherif monem )
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Birth day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TWILIGHT, Meggie Gultiano
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
- A Hydro Odyssey, Patrick Czyz
- Salvation, Earth And Sadness, Tony Adah
- Perspective, Patrick Czyz
- flesh to flesh, jaquesha webb
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)