Remember the moment in the city?
Or do you give us lots of pity?
Remember the moment of our prom dance?
Did you even give my love a chance?
Our relationship was full of bliss
Like the time of our first kiss
And when you said you loved me so
How I wished you didn’t go.
In the past it was the same
Now we play a different game
In the past we talked at nights
Now our talks turned into fights.
Why did you leave out the door?
Not giving me a word or more?
Did you know that when we part
You somehow always break my heart?
Remember the moment of our scrapbook?
So that we can always go back and look?
Now a day instead of glad
Those memories have made me sad.
As I look back I truly see
What you really meant to me
And how I fell into your arms
And bought your lies with your charms.
Before you were sweet and kind
You truly blew away my mind
You made me laugh when you didn’t try
You made me smile when I would cry.
Your words had always gave me life
Hoping to eventually be your wife
But a shadow came from up above
Trying to take away our love.
Now your words have turned sour
Shocking that the love I knew was ours
I hoped at nights you’d change your ways
Hoping that our love stays.
Remember the moment that we kept?
It’s hard for me to even except
How you acted cruel and mean
But that’s what you are: a memory.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Scrapbook by Genevieve Pilat )
- Dark chocolate, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colonization, gajanan mishra
- Coexisting, Kyle Schlicher
- Feelings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Let me tell a friend a story, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Our Fall خريفنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sufferings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MacDeath - From Zombie Apocalypse Poems .., Matthew Lawler
- No where, hasmukh amathalal
- Don't Cover Your Eyes, Francie Lynch
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)