Our prayer to the lord up above
For protecting us and the ones we love.
For giving us peace within our hearts
And for being a very big part
Of our lives and the ones we touch
Without you- we don’t have much.
So this is our prayer to you, our father up above
For you have showed us how to love.
You are about to come into our lives
To teach us to deal with struggle and strife.
We must have faith in all that we do
So that we can get closer to you.
Just as the apostles had lost their faith
While crossing the river while you slept
And you had awakened to their call
And calmed the waters and the winds
And you gave them the faith that they need
So that they could carry out your
Thoughts and your deeds.
You had showed them how to pray
And the words they had to say.
You had given them a belief beyond compare
To teach all others how to share
The words of the father
Which was passed down to you
And that is what all of us must do.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (******************Our Prayer**********6/25/06 by louis rams )
- Twilight Glow, Antonio Liao
- Halloween Riddle, Michelle Claus
- Not with me today, hasmukh amathalal
- Hobbesian Girl, John F. McCullagh
- Outlook, hasmukh amathalal
- Of Sinne, John Beaumont
- Forgive Me, Ismim Putera
- A Monster's Warning, Bruce Larkin
- Of Teares, John Beaumont
- Advice from the Jackalope Man, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)