Our prayer to the lord up above
For protecting us and the ones we love.
For giving us peace within our hearts
And for being a very big part
Of our lives and the ones we touch
Without you- we don’t have much.
So this is our prayer to you, our father up above
For you have showed us how to love.
You are about to come into our lives
To teach us to deal with struggle and strife.
We must have faith in all that we do
So that we can get closer to you.
Just as the apostles had lost their faith
While crossing the river while you slept
And you had awakened to their call
And calmed the waters and the winds
And you gave them the faith that they need
So that they could carry out your
Thoughts and your deeds.
You had showed them how to pray
And the words they had to say.
You had given them a belief beyond compare
To teach all others how to share
The words of the father
Which was passed down to you
And that is what all of us must do.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (******************Our Prayer**********6/25/06 by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Need A Reason To Live Your Dream, Asma Riaz Khan
- tera didar wo, Yashvardhan Goel
- My bloody heart!, Vinaya Joseph
- Cobwebs, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Gifts of Aging, Liilia Talts Morrison
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- Anjani Si Shikayat, Yashvardhan Goel
- Police station, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- dard sehkar bhi, Yashvardhan Goel
- Three Coins For Her Love, Pradip Chattopadhyay