Our heirloom bright pearl moon
Full and afar
Can behold the world and shimmery stars.
Up in a heavenly sky
This clear night
The moon, a companion,
Rose in pure white.
Throughout the lovely ages,
Stolen hearts have dreamily found,
Is their very own luminous treasure.
Its triumphant magnificence endures.
We might catch the shining moon
Sparkling nights when
Angels are trail blazing.
Swept up by
The moon and stars in the sky,
Strangers can marvel and love never dies.
Gayle Sweeney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Heirloom by Gayle Sweeney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid