Red like the spill of heroes' blood
White like Freedom's holy cause
Blue like the limitless sky above
~ ~ ~ Our Flag ~ ~ ~
by Mary Naylor
Fifty stars for fifty states
Liberty's spirit hammers out its fate
Ardent heroes under it fought and died
God grant that its colors forever may fly
Declaration of Independence unfurled in the breeze
Aways and forever may mankind be free
Yet Freedom's Emblem waves above the trees.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Salute it proudly, so that all may see!
Mary Naylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Flag by Mary Naylor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Forever Crying Angel, Vlad Mutuleanu
- ThankYou!, Geetha Jayakumar
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges