We're going to have the mostest fun!
It's going to be a club;
And no one can belong to it
But Dot and me and Bub.
We thought we'd have a Reading Club,
But couldn't 'cause, you see,
Not one of us knows how to read--
Not Dot nor Bub nor me.
And then we said a Sewing Club,
But thought we'd better not;
'Cause none of us knows how to sew--
Not me nor Bub nor Dot.
And so it's just a Playing Club,
We play till time for tea;
And, oh, we have the bestest times!
Just Dot and Bub and me.
Carolyn Wells's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Club by Carolyn Wells )
- Their moral decline anytime انحدارهم ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A surrealistic image صورة سوريالية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In 80s, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Walk in the Woods, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Natural Alliance, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Stop your Sobbing (haiku), Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- Beauty in Nature and Human Creativity, Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- bruised squeezed sweet fruit, Is It Poetry
- That awkward curfew حظر التجول الحرج ذلك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Abroad, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)