Don't leave me here mom, don't
Though you may find me fed and clothed
I'm not happy, I pine for your love.
Didn't you do it mom to see I don't starve?
But believe me mom
Beneath all my food and all my clothes
I can't hide the shame of feeling orphaned.
Don't just go away mom,
Scold me, abuse me
But let me be with you
Coz for me starvation is no shame
And even though I go unfed and unclothed
At home I have a name.
Here I am fed and clothed
But not fed with love
I pine for it mom,
A place in your heart,
Don't leave me here and depart.
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Orphaned by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- Baonw Haya Ang, Boro Brahma
- If People Were Pooches, Rachel LeBaron
- My heart needs a rest, Jesus James Llorico
- Empty life حياة فارغة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Elizabeth my Muse of love poetry., Erato
- I Am Not, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Empty life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Met Tuckerpuppy and Twittermouse, Bruce Larkin
- Longings et. Al., Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- About Tuckerpuppy, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)