Don't leave me here mom, don't
Though you may find me fed and clothed
I'm not happy, I pine for your love.
Didn't you do it mom to see I don't starve?
But believe me mom
Beneath all my food and all my clothes
I can't hide the shame of feeling orphaned.
Don't just go away mom,
Scold me, abuse me
But let me be with you
Coz for me starvation is no shame
And even though I go unfed and unclothed
At home I have a name.
Here I am fed and clothed
But not fed with love
I pine for it mom,
A place in your heart,
Don't leave me here and depart.
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Orphaned by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Forever Crying Angel, Vlad Mutuleanu
- ThankYou!, Geetha Jayakumar
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...