Origin Myth: Wavesound
Accessing only via excess
lovers only of the nicest rockmelons,
realise their joy must be shared,
for there are more of those lovers
than there are rockmelons to go around;
lovers made all the more ardent
in the wait for the seasonal fruit
and in the in-season scarcity
Lovers die to the niceness of melons
whose waves of cry after cry after cry...
beat the shore of the sky.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Sidetracked while reading Baudelaire's 'Lesbos'.
'rockmelon', French for 'canteloupe'.
Comments about this poem (Origin Myth: Wavesound by douglas scotney )
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Paces, Neil Kennett
- ህድደን ዎርልድስ - Hidden Worlds, Is It Poetry