We look beyond
To a future life,
With progress becomes
A beautiful sight.
Misery yearns for some relief
Found in life's opportunities.
Mysteries we seek,
When all is bleak;
Solutions to be
The magical key
To unlocking all that's not well—
The promise in our wishing wells.
Can you smell as you inhale
Through the curtains veil?
It's a tall-tale world—
Disguising what we feel.
Striving to find that one deal,
Unknown behind the secret seal.
Edwin Cordero's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Opportunities by Edwin Cordero )
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John