His heart blazes with shadows
Running and skipping …
Down a dark lane, foreboding,
In as much as there were - so
Many, walls with locked doors.
Here-there! He looked for openings …
“Into one of those flower gardens”
But then he spots a golden bee …
Who seems as dizzy as can be?
Even more drunk than he
But this hapless bee doesn’t wait.
And was the first of many shadows
He’s seen passing through …
Taht keyhole - unopened gate!
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Openings … by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- death, Omobude Saint perry
- sO u wannabe a hOLY cOw, bOy, sEaN nOrTh
- in between, Omobude Saint perry
- Fetching a Raindrop, Masharia kanyari
- my death, Omobude Saint perry
- Midnight's Rain, Khairul Ahsan
- Seamless Transition, Doug Blair
- To Be Continued, Vincent Topp
- Church Woman (Saint in Progress), Doug Blair
- Invisible Monster, Dan Walker