Only Two People In The World? .............. [Relationships/marriage; tongue-in-cheek humor; personal? ; QUITE SHORT]
My wives have pointed out each flaw I have,
not bothering to ease my hurt with salve.
They've said I'm mean and that I'm a bore.
They've stricken my heartstrings to the core.
They've listened to evil gossip others said.
They've cursed me out and wished me dead.
So finally, each time, my surrender flag I've unfurled.
I'm glad they weren't the ONLY women in the world! !
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
even though i HAVE been divorced three times and my present marriage is not all 'a bed of roses', i have not regretted my marriages. but my mother and my ex-wives might all have regretted them! women! ! ! !
Comments about this poem (Only Two People In The World? .............. [Relationships/marriage; tongue-in-cheek humor; personal? ; QUITE SHORT] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery