Only Two People In The World? .............. [Relationships/marriage; tongue-in-cheek humor; personal? ; QUITE SHORT]
My wives have pointed out each flaw I have,
not bothering to ease my hurt with salve.
They've said I'm mean and that I'm a bore.
They've stricken my heartstrings to the core.
They've listened to evil gossip others said.
They've cursed me out and wished me dead.
So finally, each time, my surrender flag I've unfurled.
I'm glad they weren't the ONLY women in the world! !
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
even though i HAVE been divorced three times and my present marriage is not all 'a bed of roses', i have not regretted my marriages. but my mother and my ex-wives might all have regretted them! women! ! ! !
Comments about this poem (Only Two People In The World? .............. [Relationships/marriage; tongue-in-cheek humor; personal? ; QUITE SHORT] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Carnal Succubus, Is It Poetry
- colorful lies, Mary Amrutha
- Bonus post, Mae AC.
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon