Only Two People In The World? .............. [Relationships/marriage; tongue-in-cheek humor; personal? ; QUITE SHORT]
My wives have pointed out each flaw I have,
not bothering to ease my hurt with salve.
They've said I'm mean and that I'm a bore.
They've stricken my heartstrings to the core.
They've listened to evil gossip others said.
They've cursed me out and wished me dead.
So finally, each time, my surrender flag I've unfurled.
I'm glad they weren't the ONLY women in the world! !
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
even though i HAVE been divorced three times and my present marriage is not all 'a bed of roses', i have not regretted my marriages. but my mother and my ex-wives might all have regretted them! women! ! ! !
Comments about this poem (Only Two People In The World? .............. [Relationships/marriage; tongue-in-cheek humor; personal? ; QUITE SHORT] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Did you read them?
- Robo-Driver, douglas scotney
- Life of butterfly, gajanan mishra
- So many waters, gajanan mishra
- Mary-Lou and Warburton Mountain, douglas scotney
- HAIKU 2, Cheryl Griffith
- Collect Call to: F. J. Thomas..., Monk E. Biz
- Bed Time, Michael McParland
- Trepidation, Laura Milner
- Yes September, gajanan mishra
- A RAINING AFTER DROUGHT, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..