Lawrence S. Pertillar
Only Those Who Do It
And with fears to disgard...
As they cross a bridge,
With a rounding felt in their hearts...
Can say that a burning of it once crossed,
Had for them a benefit and not a loss.
And yet others perceiving this act done to do,
Are not the ones who had faced to go through...
A healing of wounds with a doing to mend,
To accept without regret...
The steps they had to take for a pain to end.
Never repeating the agony again.
To leave others behind whining about a process,
That has left them limited...
Not to experience a progress.
Although abundant in innuendos and gossip expressed,
They keep to themselves.
With beliefs kept possessed...
Someone who has left them to grow has wishes to return.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Only Those Who Do It by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- What Saves Us, Bruce Weigl
- My Love For You, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Dream (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Don't Be Afraid, Ronald Chapman
- My Ode to Oluebube, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Dogs, Ronald Chapman
- Dog / Cat, Ronald Chapman
- Beautiful World, John Schwartz
- Mera Man......................, sonali kumari
- Another Sound, Neelam Dadhwal