Only A Thought
Oh to live forever in the warmth of the womb
and never know the cold of the tomb
that beckons and calls its haunting refrain
is only a thought that can't remain.
For life is a tragic play on a soul
that yearns forever to have and hold
all the fruits that deliver peace.
But this a thought. It too will cease.
The warmth of the womb I won't remember.
It will fade away like a dying ember.
In the end the cold of the tomb will call
and I won't have a thought at all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Only A Thought by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- The color of love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Nightmare, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Love and Peace, Akhtar Jawad
- Waiting for someone, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Net of Death, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Man for Man, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lost Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Invisible wall, Zillur Rahman Shuvro