Only A Thought
Oh to live forever in the warmth of the womb
and never know the cold of the tomb
that beckons and calls its haunting refrain
is only a thought that can't remain.
For life is a tragic play on a soul
that yearns forever to have and hold
all the fruits that deliver peace.
But this a thought. It too will cease.
The warmth of the womb I won't remember.
It will fade away like a dying ember.
In the end the cold of the tomb will call
and I won't have a thought at all.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Only A Thought by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Por-por Chha Gaya Basant, Upendra Singh
- The love song, binod bastola
- de tijd, ko the skipper
- A big thanks poem..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Not the One, Dean Meredith
- Bobwhite Calling, Kyle Schlicher
- Life, Death, Love! (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Bombs And Rain, Kyle Schlicher
- Prime Reasoning, F. J. Thomas
- Lets Try Again (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman