You are alive due to a life,
Pay your due while still alive.
Everyday's due is dew payable to life.
You are alive because of a life,
Take your whole life not to take a life.
Be not hasty to give up an owed life
The Mighty giver-up calls shots to life.
There's life in each and every life.
Live and let room to the other life.
Friendly opposites meet to start a life.
Oppose unfriendly meeting to stop a life.
The first labour is sweet play to conceive a life.
The second harbour pain displayed to release a life.
Happiness is oil to lamp of life.
Laughter is thread to bright lamp of life.
Hope is case holding oiled thread of life.
Love is place bearing bright light of life.
Make your work none to walk dark side of life.
Help others that try find light in life.
Make yoke light for others try in life.
Direct others' spotlight on the stage of life.
Being a light to the next life,
Could delight heart of a vexed life.
You may not know to write a memoir while alive.
Memory will be in life you impacted when alive.
When you illuminate paths of others alive,
You'll be followed as match played live.
Dare Onadele's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (One's Life-Time by Dare Onadele )
- Love or Sex?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dreaming of Things While I Remain In My .., Rohit Sapra
- Facebooker, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kidultnap, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Laugh, arshad arshad
- Puzzle of a Lovely Girl's Name!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- E- Humanity, Aamir Joyci
- In Memory of my Mother, George Pfumbi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)