One Person Will See
I'm searching for something, a break in the wind,
To lull all the feelings, of letting you in.
A frost is spreading across the thin ice,
So off people walk away from the night.
Too scared of staying behind when they leave,
I shout towards gales but now I can’t breathe.
Please listen to me and please understand,
I hate this lone turmoil so please take my hand.
But I look to the darkness and no-one is there,
Everyone’s gone to the one who they care.
So I sit on hard rime and feel the cool chill,
And I don’t make a sound and stay perfectly still.
Maybe no-one will see me like this,
And I look to the sky and pray that I'm missed.
But no-one remembers me back in the night,
And they bask in the sun of the shameful light.
I wish I could come and play with you there,
But I can’t for dependency is trapping me here.
I don’t have the freedom and careless of one,
Who helps you when everything seems to go wrong.
All that I ask is you see how I feel,
And be gentle with me while my soul starts to heal.
And maybe one day one person will see,
How fragile I feel, just being me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Person Will See by Terri Louise )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- (1) The Ceaseless Waves of Sorrow, Uriah Hamilton
- An Ode to a Toad Named Frank, Susan Sparks
- The Path, Deepak Hariharan
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)