One Person Will See
I'm searching for something, a break in the wind,
To lull all the feelings, of letting you in.
A frost is spreading across the thin ice,
So off people walk away from the night.
Too scared of staying behind when they leave,
I shout towards gales but now I can’t breathe.
Please listen to me and please understand,
I hate this lone turmoil so please take my hand.
But I look to the darkness and no-one is there,
Everyone’s gone to the one who they care.
So I sit on hard rime and feel the cool chill,
And I don’t make a sound and stay perfectly still.
Maybe no-one will see me like this,
And I look to the sky and pray that I'm missed.
But no-one remembers me back in the night,
And they bask in the sun of the shameful light.
I wish I could come and play with you there,
But I can’t for dependency is trapping me here.
I don’t have the freedom and careless of one,
Who helps you when everything seems to go wrong.
All that I ask is you see how I feel,
And be gentle with me while my soul starts to heal.
And maybe one day one person will see,
How fragile I feel, just being me.
Terri Louise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Person Will See by Terri Louise )
- when i inhaled you, Mandolyn ...
- A Crazy Noisy Bird, Wasim Akram
- ZZ The Many Ways Soldiers Die, Saiom Shriver
- Lately, Dominique Lamboy
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS كلماتي و كلماتها, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander