One Person Will See
I'm searching for something, a break in the wind,
To lull all the feelings, of letting you in.
A frost is spreading across the thin ice,
So off people walk away from the night.
Too scared of staying behind when they leave,
I shout towards gales but now I can’t breathe.
Please listen to me and please understand,
I hate this lone turmoil so please take my hand.
But I look to the darkness and no-one is there,
Everyone’s gone to the one who they care.
So I sit on hard rime and feel the cool chill,
And I don’t make a sound and stay perfectly still.
Maybe no-one will see me like this,
And I look to the sky and pray that I'm missed.
But no-one remembers me back in the night,
And they bask in the sun of the shameful light.
I wish I could come and play with you there,
But I can’t for dependency is trapping me here.
I don’t have the freedom and careless of one,
Who helps you when everything seems to go wrong.
All that I ask is you see how I feel,
And be gentle with me while my soul starts to heal.
And maybe one day one person will see,
How fragile I feel, just being me.
Terri Louise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Person Will See by Terri Louise )
- Gigh Anamur n UmaDal, Mohamed Mahou
- -Silent Became My Walking Shadow-, Ali Sabry
- - I Wish You Weren't In-, Ali Sabry
- - Princes Was A Dream Girl Day and Night-, Ali Sabry
- - Hurtful Interaction-, Ali Sabry
- - Please My Lovely Lady Don't Leave Lone.., Ali Sabry
- - My heart loves you -, Ali Sabry
- Floppy, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- -I Do Not Only Loving You-, Ali Sabry
- -How Can I Sleep Honey & I Left You Lone.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Woman's Last Word, Robert Browning
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)