One month anniversary.
I could still freshly remember the day we met,
We took few steps in the world together in that sun set;
I looked into your eyes and my heart just skipped a beat,
I then knew that love which somewhere sparked for me a bit.
Then we both gazed together at the stars on bright nights,
Overwhelmed by the melody of the waves in the loving sites;
The cool breeze witnessed the smiles carved in our faces,
So what I remember the days when we shared our life brights.
Together we wrote, together we sang the lovers notes,
Strummed the rhythm of nearing with each-others oaths;
That you and I were and will never be apart,
So what I remember the vow of endless love in our hearts.
Lucky is to live those days of heavenly bliss,
For you with me and eternity was nothing but a miss,
My heart drops a tear when I walk alone in the shore,
So what I remember the love that you spread on floor.
You gave me memories that haunt me sweetly,
Your care will also be cherished deep within me;
When you gave the bigger part of your heart’s core,
So what I learned to love you more and more.
Anish Chouhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One month anniversary. by Anish Chouhan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Steve Turner
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Many Types of Pain, Christina Seyoum
- Good things, hasmukh amathalal
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra
- Now I am Mr. Delight, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal
- So Good, Michael P. McParland
- Snuggle, Michael P. McParland
- To speak untruth, hasmukh amathalal