One month anniversary.
I could still freshly remember the day we met,
We took few steps in the world together in that sun set;
I looked into your eyes and my heart just skipped a beat,
I then knew that love which somewhere sparked for me a bit.
Then we both gazed together at the stars on bright nights,
Overwhelmed by the melody of the waves in the loving sites;
The cool breeze witnessed the smiles carved in our faces,
So what I remember the days when we shared our life brights.
Together we wrote, together we sang the lovers notes,
Strummed the rhythm of nearing with each-others oaths;
That you and I were and will never be apart,
So what I remember the vow of endless love in our hearts.
Lucky is to live those days of heavenly bliss,
For you with me and eternity was nothing but a miss,
My heart drops a tear when I walk alone in the shore,
So what I remember the love that you spread on floor.
You gave me memories that haunt me sweetly,
Your care will also be cherished deep within me;
When you gave the bigger part of your heart’s core,
So what I learned to love you more and more.
Anish Chouhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One month anniversary. by Anish Chouhan )
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
- The Chameleon, Sir Toby
- A game of Love, Sir Toby
- As I would like to grow old (to my Mother), Gianfranco Aurilio
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns