One month anniversary.
I could still freshly remember the day we met,
We took few steps in the world together in that sun set;
I looked into your eyes and my heart just skipped a beat,
I then knew that love which somewhere sparked for me a bit.
Then we both gazed together at the stars on bright nights,
Overwhelmed by the melody of the waves in the loving sites;
The cool breeze witnessed the smiles carved in our faces,
So what I remember the days when we shared our life brights.
Together we wrote, together we sang the lovers notes,
Strummed the rhythm of nearing with each-others oaths;
That you and I were and will never be apart,
So what I remember the vow of endless love in our hearts.
Lucky is to live those days of heavenly bliss,
For you with me and eternity was nothing but a miss,
My heart drops a tear when I walk alone in the shore,
So what I remember the love that you spread on floor.
You gave me memories that haunt me sweetly,
Your care will also be cherished deep within me;
When you gave the bigger part of your heart’s core,
So what I learned to love you more and more.
Anish Chouhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One month anniversary. by Anish Chouhan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Of Snowdrape On Winterscape..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry
- Dawn, Rinzen Norbu
- Season of Laziness, Rimni chakravarty
- There's no tree that won't ever bend, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Dragon is just sleeping, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Impossibility, Tanya K.Tuomi
- An Unemployed Machinist, John Giorno
- C a s t l e ~of~ S p i r i t s..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- I Change, Rimni chakravarty