One moment of Paradise
One moment spent inside of paradise,
Will give us the view that is better
Than a thousand years spent in demise
Measured by the things we surrender.
The consummate art and simplicity absorb
Into the spirit of brilliant personality traits,
In wisdom the soul finds a tutelage sort,
With strength in hand we walk on in haste.
Goodness is found waiting in the afternoon,
To pick a bunch of daffodils from my garden,
And spend time in the shade waiting for new moon
Paradise shines its special kind of light from heaven.
One moment of paradise can come inside
Pours out unlimited sources we cannot hide.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (One moment of Paradise by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- you must be lucky to have found it, RIC S. BASTASA
- love became l o v e became LOVE and now .., Mandolyn ...
- that self-confidence, RIC S. BASTASA
- do not have to fathom it like some kind .., RIC S. BASTASA
- amor patriae, RIC S. BASTASA
- zanny on top of her hill, RIC S. BASTASA
- i'd rather be a sponge than be a sprayer, RIC S. BASTASA
- that steel hearted lady, RIC S. BASTASA
- the fingers and the eyes, RIC S. BASTASA
- Pure innocence, hasmukh amathalal