One moment of Paradise
One moment spent inside of paradise,
Will give us the view that is better
Than a thousand years spent in demise
Measured by the things we surrender.
The consummate art and simplicity absorb
Into the spirit of brilliant personality traits,
In wisdom the soul finds a tutelage sort,
With strength in hand we walk on in haste.
Goodness is found waiting in the afternoon,
To pick a bunch of daffodils from my garden,
And spend time in the shade waiting for new moon
Paradise shines its special kind of light from heaven.
One moment of paradise can come inside
Pours out unlimited sources we cannot hide.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (One moment of Paradise by Gerry Legister )
Did you read them?
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry