One Fears Them
Tomorrow we hate and today we greet,
If in this period of lust there is treasure.
The gems of forever are locked in their necklace,
One adorns its lustre, and one feels like the men.
Home shall afford for itself riches,
Riches upon more riches,
To want victory seems in earshot,
Districts shudder and sink
With the angry roar of the daylight mountain.
Fury has an ugly soar,
Far and few are the inhabitants of eternity.
On peaceful terms their worship has feared,
This is fear and love of the gods.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Fears Them by Naveed Akram )
- Naked, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Control Freak, Chris Broast Broast
- Love Poison, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Mandatory, michael walkerjohn
- A Kiss for advice., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Sentence Bouquets, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love's Voice, michael walkerjohn
- On My Way To River, Fatima Nusairat
- Encompassing Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pia Pium Sermo, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)