'One Day at a time, ' #1
Dear Lord Jesus meek and mild, I am so glad that I am your child.
You are my heavenly Father, and it's true that at the age of thirteen, I dedicated my entire life to you.
When I was the age of nine, you saved me and the members of my family.
And I trust you watch over them for me. When I was nine, I ran around our church shouting, 'I am free.' But at the age of thirteen, 'a huge weight was lifted off of me.' I was crying and laughting at the same time! That's when you filled me again, with your Holy Spirit's love for all of eternity. Someday, in presence I shall forever be.
Someday I shall humbly bow myself down before your heavenly throne.
'Welcome home my good and faithful servant enter into the kingdom
which I have prepare for you.' 'I have been waiting for you my
beloved child to welcome you home. No more shall you roam.'
Love in Christ Jesus!
John 3; 16-18
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I began serving God through poetry writing about 1984.
I have sung in a few church choirs; I sing in Faith Lutheran's choir.
I sing for The Sun Shine Singers at the Carl Gipson Senior Center, in Everett Washington. My sister Lynn and I are members of our
local Old Time and Country Music Assoication.
No I am not tooting my own horn! 'I can do all things through
Christ Jesus; who strenghts me.'
Comments about this poem ('One Day at a time, ' #1 by Roxanne Dubarry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(23 June 1889 – 5 March 1966)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- Loves Sweet Song, Michael P. McParland
- Love That Lasts, Michael P. McParland
- Love Comes, Michael P. McParland
- Loss Of Worth, Michael P. McParland
- Parking meater', george albot
- Lonely Nights, Michael P. McParland
- Loneliness Is An Option, Michael P. McParland
- Little Sexy Princess, Michael P. McParland
- You Are As It Is, Ifthekar Ifthi
- Yore Inn, Kim Barney