One day your curtains will come down,
And mark the end of your play.
From then shall begin a new dawn,
Where night doesn't fall throughout the day.
Try then, that you leave alive,
Good image, character and memories
Of remarkable deeds that many can retrieve,
From the dusty books of old stories.
Let anguish or fear poison you not,
All mortals share one common destiny.
Your heart, wealth and all you've got,
Dedicate to God for an everlasting harmony.
Faraj Nyandiko's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Day by Faraj Nyandiko )
- Loving An Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ostrich - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Nothing is faulty, gajanan mishra
- Silent Scream, Vivek Tiwari
- Your Fault, Von Kimball Barney
- Faking news, gajanan mishra
- Simply Is No End, Margaret Alice Second
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)