Alan Bruce Thompson
One Angel Per Pinhead
The wings are delicately balanced,
As I have learnt the art of only one foot on the pinhead.
They are all looking at me as I hover, aren't they?
No doubt admiring my greatness as I sweep the wind of the world.
Vatican scholars have long pondered how many we are,
Well the answer is, only one. There can be, only one.
Because I am alone in my uniqueness, alone because of my uniqueness,
Alone because I can no longer tolerate those who don’t bask in my holiness.
There are those whom I want to be there, but who don't envy this life on my pinhead.
How dare they!
I can't imagine that there are those fools
who actually don't need this feeling of uniqueness.
Don't want this greatness, hate the pedestal,
prefer a quiet life, don't need the adrenalin.
I have been trying to force those fools to want to be part of my greatness.
Persuasion did not work. Damn it, there are some who still refuse.
These ones will be cursed. I will curse them. I will hunt them down.
I will speak against them in sacred places, in fact I will speak against them everywhere,
out of context. It is my right!
I will condemn them in public, because they don't need what I demand they should want.
Usually aspirers are content with a library named after them,
but such aspirations are trivial compared with my worth.
Some become knighted, others sanctified, but only I know what they cannot know,
there can be only one angel per pinhead.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Angel Per Pinhead by Alan Bruce Thompson )
- I Indulge, michael walkerjohn
- Basukinath Temple of Lord Shiva, umaprosad das
- Love Travelling Or The Travellers In Lov.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Never Leave You, Michael McParland
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- Save The Girl Child, Bijay Kant Dubey
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- women,, Nassy Fesharaki
- Left Before She Was Found, Sierra Staten
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- GREATNESS OF MOTHER, P.YASWANTH REDDY
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)